BEFORE YOU APPLY
What you need to know before you apply:
You should be able to take your designs from concept to reality on your own.
Contestants will be expected to design, manufacture, assemble, construct and style a variety of garments and items. Creativity as well as technical ability is needed to succeed in this competition.
You must be age 21 or older in order to be a contestant on the show.
You must be age 21 or older by January 1, 2013. And yes, we will be verifying your birth date. This is an eligibility requirement and no exceptions will be made – no matter how awesome you are.
All casting materials must be submitted at the same time.
If you are applying via the casting website www.styledtorockcasting.com : you must complete your submission in ONE sitting. That means you must complete the application and upload your audition videos and work examples at one time. This is a function of website so please be prepared before you begin.
A complete submission consists of the following items:
- An application with all questions answered and signed signature line. Partially answered applications will be considered incomplete.
- Photos of you: Two (2) recent photos of yourself. One full-length and one close-up of your face (each photo should be NO larger than 5 MB each, and should be submitted in one (1) of the following formats: JPEG, GIF, PNG, TIF, and/or BMP*).
- Photos/images of your work: at least three (3), but no more than ten (10) examples from EACH category(each photo should be NO larger than 5 MB each, and should be submitted in one (1) of the following formats: JPEG, GIF, PNG, TIF, and/or BMP*):
- Completed designs for various looks (preferably shown on a model or a dress form), marked with their dates of completion. Include front, side and rear views.
- Detail work (e.g. beading, pleating, crochet, ruching, etc.) that you have personally produced, if applicable.
- Patterns if you work from them; some should be for the completed designs.
- Audition video: a three (3) to five (5) minute personal video of you telling us who you are, your design philosophy and goals, why you need to be on the show, and anything else you think we should know (the video should not exceed more than 100 MB per submission, and should be submitted in one (1) of the following formats: MPEG, MPG, WMV, MP4, MOV and/or AVI*, with a minimum-required resolution of 320x240).
If you are mailing a physical submission: you must send all of your materials in one (1) package or envelope. This will ensure that your materials are not separated from each other or assumed to be incomplete.
Apply as soon as possible.
Extended Deadline!!! The deadline to receive completed applications and videos has been extended to Wednesday, February 6, 2013 at 6:00 PM Pacific Time to be considered.
Mail-in submissions are accepted as an alternative to applying online.
You will need to download and print out the application that can be found at www.styledtorockcasting.com. Please write legibly and do not forget to sign your application. For your work examples: please include both good-quality printouts of your photos and a CD or DVD of the digital images. Do not send actual garments!
You must send all of your materials in one (1) package or envelope to the address below. This will ensure that your materials are not separated from each other or assumed to be incomplete.
“Styled To Rock” CASTING
3800 Barham Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90068
Attn: Casting Department
Your application materials and audition video(s) will not be returned.
All videos and any application materials you submit to the casting department will become the sole property of the Producers once submitted, and will not be returned to you, whether or not you are selected as a participant.